So what is it about Porridge?
People always say to me can I have porridge?
We all seem to love it, and there are worse breakfast choices believe me....
Whilst oats do not contain gluten, they contain avenin, which is a protein similar to gluten. We remove gluten from the diet on Kick Start and therefore porridge as it is an unknown quantity.
Problems can occur if oats are produced in the same place as wheat, barley and rye, as the oats can become contaminated with these other grains.
Oat products which are often labelled as ‘100% oats’, ‘pure oats’ or ‘organic’ oats are your best bet.
If you LOVE porridge for breakfast, then here is how to have it
- Use organic oats and check the ingredients to make sure there are no extras added in there!
- Use almond milk instead of cows milk.
- Do not top it with lots of fruit and honey, how about just a little sprinkling of blueberries?
- As with any plan mix it up with a good range of breakfasts throughout the week.
- Try our Quinoa porridge as a substitute to oats
Are you a porridge lover???
Let me know if you try this one?
PS: For more breakfast recipe ideas check out my range of cookbooks HERE